Challenging COMP 482
For the challenge for credit registration you must complete a challenge project and write a final exam. The Challenge Project consists of a software development project in which you must write a Java program using a GUI demonstrating HCI principles. The test platform for all programs is the SDK 1.2.2 (or greater)
Here are the steps to follow if you are interested in challenging COMP 482:
- Read the syllabus for COMP 482: Human Factors in Computer Systems.
- Read the Challenge for Credit Process in the undergraduate calendar.
- Contact the course coordinator to obtain permission to challenge COMP 482.
- Complete the Challenge for Credit Application. You will also schedule the exam at this time. You may wish to e-mail the SCIS contact person to discuss the scheduling of the challenge project and final exam.
- E-mail the SCIS contact person to make arrangements to obtain the filename and password to download the challenge project. You will have 4 weeks to complete the project once you have downloaded the desired file. It is up to the student to verify by email or phone that the marker has received your project files within 2 days of first sending them.
- Download the file from the Download Access Page.
- The exam is based on COMP 482 course materials and on the challenge Project.
You must submit the project prior to writing the exam.
The challenge project should be sent to the course coordinator.
When submitting your challenge project, if you have not received confirmation that your project has been received by the marker within 2 working days, you should assume it has not been received and resubmit immediately. You must receive confirmation that the project was received before the project can be regarded as submitted.
Last Updated September 21, 2012