Challenging COMP 314
For the challenge for credit registration you must complete a challenge project and write a final exam. You must submit the project prior to writing the exam. The challenge project and final exam are worth 50% of the final mark. To pass the challenge, you must achieve at least 50% on the project and the exam.
Here are the steps to follow if you are interested in challenging COMP 314:
- Read the syllabus for COMP 314: Operating Systems. The syllabus contains a separate section on Challenge for Credit Course Overview and Challenge Evaluation.
- Read the Challenge for Credit Process in the undergraduate calendar.
- Contact the Course Co-ordinator to obtain permission to challenge COMP 314.
- Complete the Challenge for Credit Application. You will also schedule the exam at this time. You may wish to e-mail the SCIS contact person to discuss the scheduling of the challenge project and final exam.
- E-mail the SCIS contact person to make arrangements to obtain the filename and password to download the challenge project. You will have 4 weeks to complete the project once you have downloaded the desired file. It is up to the student to verify by email or phone that the marker has received your project files within 2 days of first sending them.
- Download the file from the Download Access Page.
- The exam is based on COMP 314 course materials and on the Challenge Project.
The challenge project should be sent to the course coordinator.
When submitting your challenge project, if you have not received confirmation that your project has been received by the marker within 2 working days, you should assume it has not been received and resubmit immediately. You must receive confirmation that the project was received before the project can be regarded as submitted.
Last Updated September 07, 2012